Friday, November 5, 2010

Yesterday was crazy

Good morning dear reader. Yesterday was just a totally chaotic day right out of the gate. Getting everyone up and out is usually a chore in itself but yesterday was particularly hectic. We had one of Bethanie's friends stopping by before 7 am (she lives just down the street) to ask if Bethanie could drop off her order form for a class ring because she was home sick, then having to make sure we had Bethanie's paperwork printed out so she could order her's as well. The usual running around in the morning: dropping Mike off at the station and Thomas off at school but ended up having to drop Bethanie off too. Then there was the drama of the morning, just as we were all heading out to the car Bethanie said something to Thomas and he was just seething, he was the last one dropped off but he did not say anything the entire ride.

Then there was Bible Study, the only sane part in a totally crazy day...Thank you Greta for having that little bit of quiet today. We started on a new study of The Fingerprints of God and it looks like its going to be a really good study.

Then the race starts again, from Bible Study it was off to the school so I could deal with ordering the class ring. Running around in the rain delivering Avon product, going to the Dr.'s office to set up the testing that needs to be done prior to my weight loss surgery, picking up the kids from school and then home to start some cleaning. I also called a friend to see ask when she might be able to do my hair for me which she does on occasion, well it turned out she was going to be free last night and wanted to come over and do it then.

Needless to say, in all this chaos it left little time to jot down what I ate let alone when I ate and Mike picked up dinner so I wouldn't have to cook since I was getting my hair done. So dinner was simply pizza, salad, onion rings and cheese sticks.....NOT GOOD for this new found plan to eat healthy.

But, in retrospect...we can't all have days that run smoothly all the time and this will help me figure out ways to plan for the chaos so it doesn't sabotage my diet. Also, that one day would have in the past cause a negative slide for me and a "Why bother" attitude. Now....it was one day and today is a new one so put the past behind me and move on in a renewed sense to continue on in the race.

No comments: